If you are a sole trader, the owner of a small business or a not-for-profit organisation in NSW, you may be eligible for a small business fees and charges rebate of $1500.
This rebate helps businesses recover from the impacts of COVID-19 and encourages growth by reducing the cost of running a business.
Eligible businesses or not-for-profits only need to apply for the rebate once but can submit multiple claims until the full value of $1500 is reached.
Funds can be used to offset the costs of eligible NSW and local government fees and charges.
These include, but are not limited to:
- food authority licences
- liquor licences
- tradesperson licences
- event fees
- outdoor seating fees
- council rates.
The rebate can only be used for eligible fees and charges due and paid from 1 March 2021.
It cannot be used for fines or penalties, fees and charges that have the key purpose of discouraging behaviours or inducing behaviour changes, Commonwealth government charges, rent on government premises, or taxes.
The rebate will be available until 30 June 2022.
Contact Quantiphy for further details
To be eligible for this rebate, small businesses (including non-employing sole traders) and not-for-profit organisations must:
- have total Australian wages below the NSW Government 2020-2021 payroll tax threshold of $1.2 million
- have an Australian Business Number (ABN) registered in NSW and/or have business premises physically located and operating in NSW
- be registered for goods and services tax (GST)
- provide a declaration that the business has a turnover of at least $75,000 per year.
Note: Only one $1500 rebate is available for each ABN. Not-for-profit organisations are not subject to the GST requirement but must demonstrate a turnover of more than $75,000 per year.
What you need
To apply for the rebate, you’ll need:
- a MyServiceNSW Account
- your proof of identity
- your valid ABN/ACN
- your business banking details for payment
- other evidence for not-for-profits, including an accountant’s verifying turnover of more than $75,000 per year.
You will need to supply supporting documentation when applying for the rebate and each time you make a claim.
For each claim you make, you will need to provide invoices and receipts showing payment of eligible fees or charges.
PLEASE NOTE; UNLIKE OTHER NSW GOVERNMENT STIMULUS MEASURES WE ARE NOT ABLE TO SUBMIT APPLICATIONS ON YOUR BEHALF
Proof of identity
Two proof of identity documents are required. They may include the usual forms below:
- Australian driver licence
- Medicare card
- Australian passport
- Australian birth certificate
- Australian citizenship certificate
How to apply
- Have your documentation and evidence ready for uploading. You cannot save and resume your application once you’ve started.
- Check the eligibility criteria
- Select the ‘Apply online’ button.
- Log in or create your MyServiceNSW Account.
- Select and verify your identity documents.
- When your identity is verified, select ‘Continue’.
- Confirm your contact details.
- Enter the required information and upload any supporting documents, then select ‘Next’.
- Enter your bank details.
- Review your application.
- Check the declaration boxes.
- Select ‘Next’ to submit your application.
When you submit your application, you’ll receive a confirmation email with your application reference number. If you do not receive this email within 5 minutes after completing your application, please check your junk mail folder, and then call:
13 77 88
After your application is received, it will be reviewed by Service NSW. We will contact you if we need additional information to support your application. If your application is approved, you’ll receive a confirmation email with details of how to make a claim.
If you’re not able to apply online, please call 13 77 88
- Small business fees and charges rebate accountant letter – DOCX
- Eligible fees and charges for the small business fees and charges rebate – PDF
- Small business fees and charges rebate – Guidelines
- Small business fees and charges rebate – Terms and Conditions
- Small business fees and charges rebate – Privacy Collection Notice
For more information on this scheme or to further understand your eligibility, please contact Quantiphy for further details